Get help with Medicaid and Medicare benefits
Day and Evening appointments are available in Aurora, Elgin, and Bolingbrook.
We can assist with your MPE in Aurora, Elgin, Bensenville, Bolingbrook, Joliet, and Romeoville.
Bring these items with you to a benefits assistance appointment:
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Proof of residential address from a mailed document, such as a utility bill
- Social security numbers for all family members
- If you are a permanent resident, bring permanent resident card for all family members.
- Most recent tax return
- Employer and income information for every member of your household (for example, pay stubs from the last 30 days,
W-2s and documents from all other sources of income)
- If you are self-employed, bring your self-employment records
For new Medicaid patients, any time during the year, we can help you complete a health insurance application for:
- Adult Medicaid
- Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility (MPE)
- Moms and Babies
- All Kids
For existing Medicaid patients who have another Primary Care Provider (PCP) but have a health plan accepted at VNA we can help you make the switch to a VNA PCP any time during the year.
For uninsured women with a recent diagnosis of breast or cervical cancer, VNA can complete a ‘fast track’ application to get health insurance coverage for your treatment within 1-2 weeks. Contact our Illinois Breast & Cervical Cancer Program at (630) 526-7912 x 8535.
For new Medicare patients, we can help you learn about Medicare insurance AND help you make a smooth transition from Medicaid (or another health insurance) to Medicare. VNA accepts Original Medicare (Parts A & B), Medigap/Supplementary Plans, and Medicare Advantage Plans.
NOTE: If you have a non-Medicaid health Insurance plan through the Marketplace and you need RENEWAL assistance, we have found the quickest way to get your answers is to phone the Marketplace Call Center directly for immediate assistance.
Phone (800) 318-2596 to speak with a trained Marketplace representative.