Vaccines for Children
Vaccines help strengthen your child’s immune system against harmful diseases and prevent their spread to others. Children must be vaccinated to attend most schools or daycares. We provide your child’s required vaccinations and track medical information to ensure he or she stays on schedule with them.
When your child is due for a flu vaccine, keep in mind that the flu strain is different every season, as is the flu vaccine. Starting at six months of age, your child should receive the vaccine during the fall every year.
Our vaccine checklist includes the latest immunization guidelines as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Vaccines for Adults
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, immunizations are not just for children. Protection from some childhood vaccines can wear off over time. You may also be at risk for vaccine-preventable disease due to your age, job, lifestyle, travel, or health conditions.
All adults need immunizations to help prevent them from contracting and spreading serious diseases that could result in poor health, missed work, medical bills, and not being able to care for family.
Recommended Vaccinations for All Adults
- All adults need a seasonal flu (influenza) vaccine every year. Flu vaccine is especially important for people with chronic health conditions, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Every adult should get a Tdap vaccine once if they did not receive it as an adolescent to protect against pertussis (whooping cough), and then a Td (tetanus, diphtheria) or Tdap booster shot every 10 years. In addition, women should get the Tdap vaccine each time they are pregnant, preferably at 27 through 36 weeks.
Visit the CDC website to learn what other vaccines you may need as an adult dependent on your circumstances: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/index.html.
Service Available At These Locations
- VNA Health Center – Elgin – Wing St
- VNA Health Center – Aurora
- VNA Health Center – Aurora – Indian Ave
- VNA Health Center – Bensenville
- VNA Health Center – Bolingbrook
- VNA Health Center – Carol Stream
- VNA Health Center – Elgin – Villa St
- VNA Health Center – Joliet
- VNA Health Center – Romeoville
- VNA Health Center at East Aurora High School
- Home-Based Services