COVID-19 Community Testing Center
VNA Health Care COVID-19 Community Testing CenterBY APPOINTMENT ONLY - Existing and new patients welcome.
TESTING IS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE:
- With or Without Symptoms
- VNA Health Center 400 N. Highland Avenue, Aurora, IL 60506
Hours: Mon. - Sat. 8:30am - 2:30pm
- VNA Health Center160 N. Independence Boulevard, Romeoville, IL 60446
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 3:15pm - 4:00pm Sat. 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- VNA Health Center800 Villa Street, Elgin, IL, 60120
Hours: Mon. - Sat. 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- VNA Health Center350 S. Schmale Rd., Suite 150, Carol Stream, IL 60188
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 12:30pm - 4:00pm
- VNA Mobile Clinic at St. Andrew Lutheran Church155 N Prince Crossing Rd, West Chicago, IL, 60185
Hours: Tue. 12:30pm - 6:000pm
- VNA Mobile Clinic at St. Alexis Catholic Church400 W Wood Ave, Bensenville, IL, 60106
Hours: Thu. 12:30pm - 6:00pm
Individuals will be assessed by a VNA Doctor or Nurse Practitioner immediately prior to COVID-19 testing during the same appointment‣ Insurance?
VNA accepts all insurance plans and does not charge a co-pay or deductible for COVID-19 testing services. The laboratory bills separately for the specimen processing. In the event a co-pay or deductible applies to specimen processing, the laboratory may charge you.‣ No insurance?
Your pre-test assessment, specimen collection and specimen processing are provided at no cost to you.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
Call (630) 892-4355 or (847) 717-6455 today.
HOW TO RECEIVE TEST RESULTS:
Patients can receive COVID-19 test results in 3 ways:
- Consent to sign up for text notifications from VNA at the time of testing. You will then receive a notification to let you know your results.
- If you have previously signed up for the VNA patient portal, your test results will be available on the portal. If you need a letter for your employer or school, you can request one through the patient portal. The letter can then be printed out through the portal. If you do not have a printer, you can request that VNA print the letter for you and arrange to pick it up from your local VNA Health Center.
- If you choose not to sign up for text notifications and do not have a login to the VNA Patient Portal, then you will receive a phone call notifying you of your results. At that time, you may request a hard copy letter of your results.